Join our Flood Family! Our Team's Goal is to Keep America Clean and Green!
Flood Brothers Disposal and Recycling Services is an equal opportunity employer. Our hiring process is designed to consider every applicant, based on his or her skills, experience and education. Our family owned and operated business is always looking for the best to join us. Complete an online application, specifying the position for which you are qualified. Your application is reviewed and categorized by the position for which you are applying. If, after thoughtful review, we cannot match you with an opening, or stronger candidates have presented themselves, we will retain your application for a period of six months. You will be reconsidered if an appropriate position becomes available during that time. If we have not contacted you by telephone within a 30-day time period, you may assume that you are not currently under consideration for an open position. We do not provide a confirmation that your application was received. Pre-employment drug screening is required, and all new employees are subject to a previous employment, education and criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Qualified candidates may use our confidential online Employment Application form linked below or submit résumé by fax to: 630-261-0575.
To be considered for a Flood Brothers Driver/Laborer or Mechanic position, please review the general physical guidelines applicants will be required to perform:
- Load waste material into the truck, including repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling items that may weigh in excess of 75 pounds.
- Mount and dismount vehicle potentially 600 to 1,000 times each shift.
- Perform job requirements outdoors, every day, no matter what conditions or elements exist.
Minimum driver qualifications include:
- Valid class A or B commercial driver's license / airbrake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- No driver's license suspensions, revocations or DUI convictions within the past three years.
- Ability to read and write, and effectively communicate with customer service representatives and supervisors.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check, and Department of Transportation physical.