Thinking of becoming more eco-friendly? Look no further than a trash compactor. You will immediately help reduce the impact of the waste you produce on landfills.
A compactor utilizes a metal ram that crushes waste to manageable and small pieces. A compactor has some great benefits:
- Cost Efficiency – Reducing the size of the trash you throw out means spending less on trash containers. It may seem that purchasing one is expensive initially, but when you consider the big picture, you will save money in the long run.
- Improved Sanitation – You will be able to compact your trash in a self-contained unit, so you won’t have unsightly and smelly trash overflowing from your dumpsters. For most companies, dumpsters sit in the parking lot, and litter gives a company a bad first impression.
- Easy to Implement – If you have been looking into waste management for your office, one of the best ways is to purchase or rent a compactor. The experts at Flood Brothers will design a solution that is cost-efficient and practical to suite your application.
- Minimize Landfill Impact – When you have a commercial compactor at the office, you will be reducing the impact you have on landfills, which impacts the environment positively.
- Efficiency and Convenience – A compactor is very easy to use. All you have to do is dump in your trash and it is turned into manageable blocks.
- Save on Transportation, Time and Fuel – With a compactor, fewer pickup trips are needed. It helps reduce transportation costs and improves air quality through less fuel emissions.
Why should you invest in purchasing, renting, or leasing a commercial trash compactor? Here are some reasons to consider:
Stop Unauthorized Disposal and Access – If others are putting their trash into your dumpsters, they will not be able to access your compactor.
- Reduce Smell – A compactor is airtight and liquid tight, reducing foul odors.
- Insect and Rodent Reduction – Since a compactor is a sealed container, insects and rodents are greatly reduced.
- Reduce Littering – The wind can easily blow away loose trash – but when it is compacted, littering is greatly reduced.
- Minimize Fire Hazards – Overflowing and loose trash can lead to fire risks. Without it, the risk is minimized.
- Improved Aesthetics – Your property will look neater, more appealing, and sanitary without unsightly trash.
- Reduce Landfill Space – With a compactor, you will help reduce landfill space. The weight of the garbage remains the same, but a compactor cuts down the volume of space it occupies by up to 80%.
- Controlling Liquid Waste – Compactors are virtually liquid tight, making it easy to compact dry and wet waste in a sanitary and neat way.
- Save on Waste Collection and Hauling – Since the trash is compacted, the frequency to have haulers pick up the trash is reduced, which in turn saves money. Over time, the expenses related to waste management are reduced.
Reducing environmental impact begins with compacting trash. In addition, you will realize the various benefits listed here. Consider your part to relieve the pressure on our landfills. Contact Flood Brothers today.
About the Author
Erich Lawson is passionate about saving the environment by effective recycling. He has written a wide array of articles on how modern recycling equipment can be used by industries to reduce monthly garbage bills and increase recycling revenue. You can learn more about environment savings techniques by visiting Northern California Compactors, Inc blog